There are requirements for permitted development:
- Volume allowance: 40 cubic meters for terraced, 50 for semi & detached houses.
- No extension beyond the front roof slope (road side).
- No extension that is constructed higher than the existing ridge line.
- External finish to match existing look and materials used on property as new as possible.
- No raised platforms, balconies or verandas.
- Gable end/side facing windows to be obscure and any part which is opening must be 1.7m above loft floor.
- Not in a conservation area.
- Dormer to be sat back in from roof edge as far as practicable but at least 20cm from the fascia board.
If your property/loft design does not fall into permitted development we can arrange planning permission applications for your loft conversion.Back to FAQs
Take a look at our recent work
Our Latest Projects